When a SanDisk Sansa Clip, an MP3 multimedia player
isn't detected by any of the ports of the PC, the only way to solve this is by switching the MO3 player
to MSC mode. The player must be switched to MSC mode
by turning off the MP3 and at the same time pressing & holding the lock button to activate the mode. The player should now be detected as soon as its USB cable gets connected to the player by continuously pressing its central button and the other end of the USB jack to the PC.
My Sansa clip MP3 is not recognized by my PC; I've tried all the USB ports on my PC, but nothing changes...it does not appear on my desktop or in my Windows USB connection. Only Windows Media Player recognizes the player. I tried copying the music to my Sansa Clip using Media Player 9, this seems to work fine, but when I disconnect my MP3 player from the USB port, there's no music on it.
The purpose of this tip is to switch the MP3 to MSC mode
- Turn off your MP3
- Press the hold (lock) button down to activate it.
- Press the centre button and keep it pressed.
- Connect the USB cable supplied with the device and keep pressing the centre button.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a USB jack on your PC.
- From there it should work properly.
Thanks to jeantube for this tip
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 15, 2012 at 07:23 AM by Virginia Parsons.