Consider that I have:
- In cell A4, it contains a formula =Sum(A1:B3)+A3/B2.
- How to extract this formula in cell A6 as a string of text?
- That is ... I want cell A6 to display =Sum(A1:B3)+A3/B2
- Using Control + ~ I can view this formula in a spreadsheet.
- But it is in view only mode. Pressing Control + ~ will turn back to normal.
- Also, I've tried to put ' at the front and paste the formula in one cell ... but this is not applicable in VBA (marco writing).
- VBA will capture the script as below
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'=SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2"
- Note that the formula in cell 6 may be =A3-B2+A1 (not =SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2)
- Using Marcos to run it will overwrite the new formula to =SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2 instead of =A3-B2+A1
- How to use the functions within Excel or use Marcos to accomplish changing cell formula to text.
Try with this macro :
Range("A6").Value = "'" & Range("A4").Formula & ""
Thanks to aquarelle
,for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on March 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM by aakai1056.