On Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, it may happen that you lose your Internet connection (after being connected for 10-15 mins), receiving the error message:
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and must be closed.
This is due to a problem of execution in the SVCHOST process used to launch the services contained in the dynamic link libraries (DLLs).
This problem can be corrected by two methods:
Just download this update security, install it, then restart.
- Start Menu> Run> type services.msc and valid
- Right click on the DNS Client service> properties
- Change the startup type to Disabled
- Click the Stop button, accept the changes and close the service.
- Loss of Internet connection - Generic Host Process Error
- How to fix ps3 internet connection error ✓ - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Internet connection failed on wireless PS3 ✓ - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Error 638 internet connection - Forum - Network
- Cannot open web pages but internet connected ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Internet connected but browser not working - How-To - Internet