I had configured Gmail in Outlook 2007. I am able to receive all the mails. But the problem is not able to send mail from outlook. I had given SMTP server and port everything as the correct one. And also all the e-mails ( I mean my send items, inbox items)everything is downloading to the outlook inbox itself. Can anyone help t download separately in outlook... and also please help to send mail from outlook.
Just follow this steps you will be able to send & receive a mail in a right manner:
Enable IMAP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- Open Outlook Express.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts...
- Click Add, and then click Mail...
- Enter your name in the 'Display name' field, and click Next.
- Enter your full email address (email@example.com) in the 'Email address' field, and click Next. If you are a Google Apps user, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
For 'My incoming mail server is a ______ server', please select IMAP in the drop-down menu.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.
- Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server' field. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server' field.
- Click Next.
- Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') in the 'Account name' field. Enter your password in the 'Password' field, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Highlight imap.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
- Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
- Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.
- Click the Servers tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'
- Click OK.
- Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Thanks to James
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on April 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM by aakai1056.