Windows Vista - Removing the lock icon from the Start menu
Under Vista, it is sometimes happen that rather than trying to shut down your pc you lock it instead.
The (the little padlock)
button and the ?
arrow one, which opens the options for shutdown and hibernate are too close.
Note that:This option was removed from the Start menu of Windows 7.
So here is a solution to manually delete the start menu:
(32-BIT or 64 BIT DWORG Value depending on your system).
- Rename the new key as:DisableLockWorkStation
- Then do a Right click the new key and Modify.
- Change the value to 1 and confirm using OK.
- Close regedit and restart your pc for the registration of new parameters.
- From there the lock option will be disabled.
- To put the lock on the Start menu, put the value 0 and remove the key.
This document, titled « Windows Vista - Removing the lock icon from the Start menu », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM