Yesterday, I purchased Lenovo Laptop G550-295894Q and it stopped working while installing WIN XP SP2 (Operating system) and showing the following message:-
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
This sounds like a SATA driver problem.
- 1. On start-up, press F2 to enter BIOS
- 2. Expand the "Drives" section
- 3. Go to "SATA Operation"
- 4. Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"
If you do not have this function in your BIOS then you will need to download the AHCI SATA drivers and "slipstream" them into the Windows install CD.
Google "slipstream" for instructions.
Thanks to xpcman for this tip on the forum.
- Lenovo G550-295894Q - A problem has been detected....
- Lenovo g550 bios password reset ✓ - Forum - BIOS
- Lenovo hard disk not detected - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- No HDD detected in Lenovo ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Lenovo external hard disk not detected - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Hard disk not detected lenovo ✓ - Forum - Windows