I have a problem regarding Macro of excel 2007. Suppose I have a Excel tab(xyz) which have some column(name, add, Date). I want to create a macro which will mark total row as RED if the date is today.
Look at conditional formatting.
So, the field should look like this =$C$3 = today()
- Highlight the cells that you wish to be red when the date in the cell in question is today's date.
- Click on conditional formatting/new rules
- Select 'use a formula to determine which cells to format'
- Click on the little spreadsheet icon.
- Click on the cell with the date that you need to use.
- Put the following formula in the field after the cell reference - in my case
Now, test the results by putting today's date in the cell that will have the trigger date in.
- Click on the spreadsheet icon again.
- Click on the format button bottom right.
- Select the format you wish to appear in the row/cells when the date is today.
- Click on ok, then apply.
Thanks to sharpman
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 6, 2012 at 08:18 AM by Jeff.