Not many are impressed with the fancy show of the Windows XP logo while they are waiting for their computers to get started. Fortunately, there is a simple way to get rid of the Windows XP welcome logo and accelerate the booting speed of your computer. Click on the 'My Computer' icon, then choose the 'Properties' option on the menu. You must then select the Advanced Tab in Windows, available on 'Systems Properties'. Follow this up by selecting 'Settings' and 'Start Up', before selecting 'Recovery' in Windows. The article below will provide you with a full step-by-step guide on how to complete this process.
Here is a simple tip on how to remove the XP logo and speeding up Windows XP's booting time.
- 1.Select My Computer icon and right click on it.
- 2.On the menu select the Properties option.
- 3.On the System Properties window select the Advanced Tab.
- 4.Click on the settings option and then select the Startup and Recovery option.
- 5.Click on the Edit button.
- 6.The Boot.ini file should be listed on your notepad.
- 7.At the end of the text (after fastdetect) type /noguiboot
- 8.Save the file with these modifications.
- 9.Close the Startup and Recovery window by clicking on the OK button.
- 10.Do the same to close the System Properties window.
- 11.Restart your Windows XP and the changes should be made.
Note that if you want to revert the changes just remove the /noguiboot
from step 7 and save the file.
This document, titled « Removing the welcome logo when starting Windows », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM