- I have a VBA problem that I cannot seem to get my head round. I have two sheets (aptly named A and B).
- In Sheet A I have a list of names with costing (values) to the right.
- In Sheet B I have a list of names with no casting (values) to the right.
- I would like to design a Macro that will take the first name in Sheet A, find that name in Sheet B, copy the costing associated with that name in Sheet A and paste them in Sheet B.
- From there, the Macro should proceed to select the next name down on Sheet A, and do the same.
- So it would be a loop until the names on Sheet A are done.
- Please not that some names on Sheet B, may not appear on Sheet A and vice versa.
You can do it without a macro
- Put the following formula in cell B1 of sheet 2 (Assumes the name is in column A)
- =if(iserror(vlookup(A1,sheet1!A:A,2,false) ),"",vlookup(A1,sheet1!A:A,2,false))
- and drag it down
- If you want a macro record your above activity
Thanks to Excelguru for this tip on the forum.
- Excel-VBA - Perform multiple selection
- Excel vba userform multiple checkboxes - How-To - Excel
- Excel vba delete multiple columns based on header ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel vba insert multiple blank rows - Forum - Excel
- Excel vba insert multiple rows below active cell - How-To - Excel
- Excel vba rename multiple sheets based on cell value - How-To - Excel
This document, titled « Excel-VBA - Perform multiple selection », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).