Logging in automatically with Windows XP
may not be possible after the Windows XP operating system has been updated with the Automatic Updates
. This occurs due to the .NET Framework installation
that creates an ASP.NET account
automatically. To enable automatic login with Windows XP
, changes in the user account settings are required. The Control Userpasswords2 command
provides access to the list of user accounts for the Windows XP computer. From the list, the user accounts to be allowed automatic login may be selected and the option where the username and password is asked is disabled.
If you have recently updated your Windows with the Automatic Updates, you will notice that you will not be able to log automatically into your account. This is due to .NET Framework installation that automatically creates an additional account known as ASP.NET. This can be changed with the following method:
Using the Run feature
- 1. Go to the "Start" button and choose "Run"
- 2. Hence, copy and paste the command CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. When done, click "OK"
- 3. From the given list, select the user that you want to allow automatic login on
- 4. Disable the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and click "OK"
- 5. When done, enter the password for the user account to allow this option