I just recently put a new power jack in my laptop.
Everything worked fine except for now my wireless does not work.
I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I keep getting an error that says the radio is disabled.
- I try to enable it and it does not save the setting. It reverts back to disabled.
- The FN - F2 keys do not turn the wireless on. It does nothing.
- The wireless switch on the side seems to be very loose and the LED does not light up.
- I've went into the wireless utility to enable it and I still get the error that says it is disabled.
- It is recognized in my device manager and it says it is working properly.
I'm game for taking the whole thing apart again....I just don't know what to do from this point.
I had the same problem with a Sony Vaio.
It seems one of the updates put entries in my registry to start a Vaio Lan Manager with Windows.
Check these keys to see if any kind of a 3rd party Lan Manager is running. If so, delete the entries and reboot.
Thanks to edger for this tip on the forum.
- Dell laptop - – Wireless switch issue
- Sony vaio laptop wireless switch not working ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- Wireless Switch not working Sony Vaio ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- Sony Vaio wireless switches off unexpectedly ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- Dell laptop getting switched off automatically ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hp laptop wireless switch ✓ - Forum - WiFi