I have a windows vista computer. I need help trying to remove administrator's password. I have done the command prompt and it told me error number 5 or something like that with 5 in it. but I dont know what to do next. I typed my password that I wanted and then it game me error 5 command prompt is not working for me.
You need a higher user to do this and the only one high than admin is system, to get access to this you will have to hack vista's logon.
- 1.Boot vista installation disc and go to repair.
- 2.Open command prompt and type notepad.
- 3.In notepad click on file and the on open.
- 4.In the box go to C:\Windows\system32 and change document type to all file.
- 5.Find file sethc.exe amd rename it to sethc.exe.old
- 6.Copy cmd.exe and paste it again, it will be called "Copy of cmd.exe".
- 7.Rename "Copy of cmd.exe" to sethc.exe.
- 8.Restart your PC.
- 9.In logon press SHIFT 5 times and cmd will nou apear.
- 10.In cmd type "Net user administrator *".
- 11.Then type new password.
PS. No character will show when you type new password.
Thanks to Happy Hacker for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 6, 2016 at 02:57 PM by owilson.