I have a windows vista computer. I need help trying to remove administrator's password. I have done the command prompt and it told me error number 5 or something like that with 5 in it. but I dont know what to do next. I typed my password that I wanted and then it game me error 5 command prompt is not working for me.
You need a higher user to do this and the only one high than admin is system, to get access to this you will have to hack vista's logon.
- 1.Boot vista installation disc and go to repair.
- 2.Open command prompt and type notepad.
- 3.In notepad click on file and the on open.
- 4.In the box go to C:\Windows\system32 and change document type to all file.
- 5.Find file sethc.exe amd rename it to sethc.exe.old
- 6.Copy cmd.exe and paste it again, it will be called "Copy of cmd.exe".
- 7.Rename "Copy of cmd.exe" to sethc.exe.
- 8.Restart your PC.
- 9.In logon press SHIFT 5 times and cmd will nou apear.
- 10.In cmd type "Net user administrator *".
- 11.Then type new password.
PS. No character will show when you type new password.
Thanks to Happy Hacker for this tip on the forum.