My LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter (GSA-H55L) keeps reading disc as "RAW"… Because of that I can’t use the drag and drop method of burning and this is driving me crazy!
Anyone have a suggestion to fix this problem?
P.S.: I’m using DVD-R
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click StartStart button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
User Account Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
- In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
- In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
: After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs such as CD recording programs. In this scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs. If the problem recurs, contact the program vendor to determine whether an update is available for the program.
Worked for me
Thanks to whowho
for this tip on the forum.