I have a spreadsheet that shows how many days a requisition has been open. I would like the words GREEN, YELLOW, and RED to show up in a cell if the req has been open a certain number of days and have no idea how to write that formula out.
So if the record is open less than 30 days then the word GREEN would show up in the cell next to it. If it is open more than 30 days and less than 60 days then YELLOW would show up, and if it is open more than 60 days then RED shows up in the cell next to the number days.
Assuming its just the number of days in the cell in question and not a date formula then the following formula will fit your needs.
- Assuming the days figure are in cell A1. amend to suit your circumstances
- Then copy the formula down the column in the normal way.
Thanks to sharpman for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Color cells for specific days in a month
- Excel if cell contains specific text then change color ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel if cell contains specific date then return value ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Excel - Highlighting cells based on days - How-To - Excel
- Excel: If Date =, then enter a value ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel if cell contains specific text then add 1 ✓ - Forum - Excel