For users of HP Compaq computers, most of them have encountered famous bug with service pack 3 of Windows, the blue screen with stop error code 0x0000007E.
This creates a subsequent reboot the computer.
In fact I will explain the cause of the problem: The manufacturer HP sells computers with two processors or AMD or Intel, both the manufacturers do not use the same driver for power management. Intel uses "intelppm.sys" and AMD uses "amdk8.sys", which is later if you use an HP Compaq with an AMD processor and have installed over a Windows XP Service Pack 3 ca will generate the error code because it is the Intel driver that is used.
- To solve this problem requires the following steps:
- 1 - Press F8 when you start your computer to access the options menu advanced startup and after ca you choose "Safe Mode" on the list.
- 2 - In Windows Explorer go to C:WindowsSystem32Drivers find the intelppm.sys file
- 3 - Rename as intelppm. Bak
- 4 - Restart the computer
- And the problem is solved.
Thanks to wjaouadi for this tip.
Published by deri58
Latest update on December 21, 2009 at 07:04 AM by deri58.