<!-- TOC -->
My Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop has a solid green light on the bottom left front, which indicates the power is on and right beside it is a yellow flashing light.....it is always blinking....at one point a message came up on the screen saying something about the virtual memory is full or something....don't know if that has anything to do with the blinking yellow light.
My question is....."What is this light and what can I do to get rid of it...or it is harmless?"
If the right light is always flashing amber (even when you have charged the PC for 3-4 hours) it probably indicates that the battery is failing.
Copied straight from the manual:
The left light:
Turns on when you turn on the computer or pulses when the computer is in a power management mode
The right light:
If the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, the light operates as follows:
Solid green: The battery is charging.
Off: The battery is adequately charged, the computer is turned off, or no battery is installed.
Rapidly flashing green: An error has occurred regarding the battery.
If the computer is running on a battery, the light operates as follows:
Off: The battery is discharging normally with use.
Flashing amber: The battery charge is low
Thanks to xpcman for this tip on the forum.
- Dell 1200 laptop - Yellow flashing light
- Yellow flashing light on my Dell 1200 laptop ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hp laptop yellow power light - How-To - Laptop computer
- Dell inspiron laptop blinking orange light ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop yellow light blinking ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Dell inspiron 1525 2 flashing blue lights no screen ✓ - Forum - Hardware