I am working with Excel 2003. I need the formula to look in Column 1 and look at all these names. And compares the name if it is Sally the add Tom in column next to it (this is who she reports to), if first column second row is Mary and automatically add Julie on the same row she is but this specific column.
Name of employee Reports to Sally Tom Mary Julie Bob Julie John Tom
So, it looks at NameofEmployee column and it matches if it is `this' name then the manager is this and adds that name in the specific column.
Suppose in your sheet1 you have data of Employee Name & Manager of employee in column A & B
A B emp Manager Sally Tom Mary Julie Bob Julie John Tom
Now in your sheet 2 you have only names in Column A
A emp name Sally Mary Bob John
Now in cell B2 of sheet2 write this formula and drag it down ...
Thanks to mubashir aziz for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Compare from one column to another
- Excel compare two columns for partial matches - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Comparing cell A1 to entire A column in Sheet 2 - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Compare column A & B give results in column C - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Comparing two columns - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Compare data from two columns - How-To - Excel