Checking your credit score online can help you to ensure that your credit score is positive and to reduce risks of identity theft. In the United States, credit scores are used to measure a person's credit and their ability to pay bills or debt on time. This article will show you how to check your credit score online.
What is a Credit Score
Credit scores range between 350 on the low end to 850 at the highest. The score is calculated on a number of factors, including but not limited to, the number of credit accounts open, recent inquiries on your credit score, total amount of credit available, and the history of your credit accounts.
How to Check Credit Score
If you would like to check your credit score, luckily there are several tools online to help you do so. The three main credit reporting agencies are Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. These agencies, along with most financial institutions, offer you the ability to check your credit score for free or at a low cost.
Find Your Credit Score Online
- To check your credit score online, visit the one of the following sites: Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion.
- Next, create an account. You will be required to enter your full name, address, and social security number in order to confirm your identity.
- Credit scores are also often available from your personal financial institution. Simply connect to your online banking platform or contact you bank's customer service to check if online credit score reporting is available through your bank.
- Lastly, you can also access one free credit report per year by visiting Annual Credit Report, which is supported by the US Government.
- How to check credit
- Check credit - Best answers
- Check credit scores - Best answers
- Script which can check if a debit has a corresponding credit ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Security checks preventing login - Forum - Facebook
- Security check preventing login problem ✓ - Forum - Facebook
- Security check preventing login ✓ - Forum - Facebook
- Security checks preventing log in - Forum - Facebook