When installing the Bluetooth driver,a message may pop up repeatedly asking to turn on the Bluetooth adapter even when it is on. This Bluetooth driver installation issue with the Dell Inspiron is triggered if the laptop computer is formatted with the Bluetooth adapter on. To fix the issue, the hardware drivers from Dell available on the CD shipped with the laptop computer must be reinstalled. Copy the drivers to the correct location and follow the instructions to install the Bluetooth drivers properly in the system. Once the drivers are installed, restart the system to fix this Bluetooth driver installation issue with the Dell Inspiron.
I am trying to install the Bluetooth driver for the Dell Inspiron 1525 without any success. It asks me to press Fn + F2 to turn on the Bluetooth adapter even though the wireless switch is already turned on.
It is likely that you formatted the computer with your Bluetooth adapter turned on.
You have to use your CD with drivers from Dell and unzip the Bluetooth driver to C:delldriversR140135 or download here: http://support.us.dell.com/...
- Now go to that directory
- You will have 2 folders - Win32 & Win 64 - and, depending on the version of Vista you are running, use the folder corresponding to your OS
- Launch "Inst.exe" and wait until another Fn+F2 prompt appears
- Close this prompt and the installation will finish
- Restart your computer and after Vista boots up you will see the Bluetooth icon in the tray
- Right click to turn the adapter on and the drivers will be reinstalled
Thanks to mein hoo na!!! for this tip on the forum.
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - Bluetooth driver installation issue
- Dell inspiron 1525 bluetooth drivers for windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Drivers
- Dell inspiron 1525 bluetooth driver - How-To - Laptop computer
- Bluetooth not working in Dell Inspiron 1525 ✓ - Forum - Mobile
- How activate bluetooth in inspiron 1525 ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Bluetooth not working in dell inspiron 1525 ✓ - Forum - Software