I am trying to get help with stats.
I have a spreadsheet that shows the date a specific action was started in each row. I have to be able to count how many actions (rows) were started each week, I thought it would be COUNTIF, but none of the formulas that I have tried have worked.
I also need to keep track of which actions (rows) were completed between specified dates.
Here is an example:
Date How Received Query Date Resolved
12/05/2009 E-mail Invoice for SG 27/07/2009
23/07/2009 E-mail Invoice for WHK 27/07/2009
25/07/2009 Phone Tax refund 31/07/2009
27/07/2009 E-mail Fee Invoice 28/07/2009
28/07/2009 E-mail Fee Invoice 29/07/2009
28/07/2009 E-mail AA to change pens 29/07/2009
31/07/2009 E-mail AA to change pens 10/08/2009
Out of the information above what I want to be able to see in the end is that:
- how many queries were received in the week 27/7/2009 - 31/7/2009 ie 4
- how many queries of that week were resolved in that week ie 3
- how many queries of previous weeks were resolved in that week ie 3
If you could help that would be brilliant
In my region excel dates are shown as m/d/yy and not as you entered.
your data is like this
5/12/2009 a 7/27/2009 20 31
7/23/2009 s 7/27/2009 30 31
7/25/2009 d 7/31/2009 30 31
7/27/2009 f 7/28/2009 31 31
7/28/2009 g 7/29/2009 31 31
7/28/2009 h 7/29/2009 31 31
7/31/2009 k 8/10/2009 31 33
the formula in d2 is
copy D2 down
formula in E2 is
copy E2 down
now see the results
this from cell A9
rel dates recd same wk wk 30 to 31
7/27-7/31 4 3 2
- in B10 the formula is
- in C10 the formula is
- in D10 the formula is
Thanks to venkat1926 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - How to count rows which show specified dates?
- How to count rows which show specified dates ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel formula to duplicate rows based on cell value ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel formula to copy rows based on criteria ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel macro to insert rows between data ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel formula to add rows based on cell value - Forum - Excel