IF YOUR HARD DRIVE WAS WORKING BEFORE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT STOPPED BEING DETECTED... YOU NEED DATA RECOVERY SERVICE LIKE THE ONE LISTED BELOW...
IF THIS IS A NEW HARD DRIVE AND YOU'RE TRYING TO FORMAT IT FOR USE,,,
THEN TRY THIS:
- 1. RIGHT CLICK ON "MY COMPUTER", AND CLICK ON "MANAGE"
- 2. WHEN "COMPUTER MANAGEMENT" POPS UP, CLICK ON --> "DISK MANAGEMENT" ON THE LEFT pane.
--->> DO NOT DO THE WIZARD CUZ THAT MIGHT DEFAULT TO NTFS....!!!
- 3. Right Click on the Disk that's your External Drive (that you want to Partition and Format to FAT32)
-->CAREFULL YOU DONT CHOOSE THE WRONG ONE CUZ THAT WILL DESTROY THE CONTENTS AND YOU'LL HAVE A BIGGER HEAD ACHE ON YOUR HANDS.
- 4. MARK PARTITION AS ACTIVE
- 5. FORMAT to FAT32 (BTW, Don’t make it a Dynamic Drive, that’s for RAID use)
Thanks to NickNYC
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on January 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM by aakai1056.