When I deleted items my bin would keep them till I completely deleted them form the bin, but now, I delete them today and tomorrow they are not there. I have had a look at the bin preferences and the 'delete files automatically' is not able.
What is the problem?
This might be a solutions to your posted problem with the recycle-bin.
You can change the global configuration to your recycle bin in such a way items are removed immediately after being deleted in the recycle bin. Secondly you can change Display delete configuration dialog box, to be inactive meaning when you delete items you don't get that dialog box confirming delete.
So try this:
Change the global configuration to move items to the recycle bin after delete and to not remove items to the recycle bin.
- Right-Click the Recycle bin
- Select properties.
- In the property dialog box, click the global tab,
- And do the following:
Under use one settings for all drives (I.e if the radio button is selected), clear the check where you'll see 'Do not move items to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
If each drive is configured independently;
Click on the tab with the drive name and do the following:
Clear the check where you'll see 'Do not move items to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
Also try this software Click&Clean.
Thanks to Mwanasoft for this tip on the forum.
- Recycle Bin – Deleted items are permanently removed automaticall
- $recycle.bin delete - How-To - Windows
- Windows system key combinations: delete item permanently - How-To - Keyboard
- Modify the Delete option of the Recycle bin - How-To - Windows Vista
- How to remove recover deleted items in outlook - How-To - Outlook
- Recycle bin virus removal ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security