I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron. In the past while working on Internet Explorer I would receive a message that would say Microsoft Error Report with the options to send error report or don't send. I would not send, the internet would close out completely; however, I could re open internet explorer and it would work fine
Now, when I try to pull up Internet Explorer I receive that message, when I click don't send an application error box pops up, and my internet closes out completely.
I can still do everything else on the computer except access the internet through Internet Explorer.
If you are getting messages such as: “A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?” or “Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occurred in the script on line 1. Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page?”
Here are some tips to stop them:
There are a few reasons why you are getting this Internet Explorer script error. The first is that the author of the webpage has simply made some sort of programming error and this is typically the most common reason.
The next reason is that you are possibly running a pop-up killer of some kind which closes the pop-up too quickly which causes the script of the website to fail and thus giving you the error because it didnt complete.
The third reason is that you have some sort of spyware or adware infection that tries to launch something such as a popup but causes script errors.
How to stop the Internet explorer script error message from showing up:
You can tell your Internet Explorer to ignore these errors when they occur and not show you an alert about them. Here is the procedure:
- Open Internet Explorer
- In the top menu, Click on Tools and then Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced Tab
- Find where it says “Disable Script Debugging” and tick the box beside it
- Now, Find where it says “Display a notification about every script error” and untick the box beside it.
Thanks to Guru for this tip on the forum.
- IE - A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?
- An error has occurred 80710a06 ps3 ✓ - Forum - Network
- An internal application error has occurred ✓ - Forum - Software
- Mimecast an error has occurred. try again to complete the process ✓ - Forum - Network
- Error network occurred - Guide
- An unexpected error has occurred facebook ✓ - Forum - Facebook Messenger