Linux - Remote connection via SSH
The below manipulations are only relevant if you have an existing account on the PC you want to connect to and if a SSH server is installed.
- When using Linux the procedure is simpler as the client part is already configured (for most distributions).
- Open a terminal and type the following command:
- Once the client PC accepts the connection, you will be prompted to enter the password.
- To login in graphical mode (using X server) you must use the -X option
Using SSH through a proxy:
- First have the proxy package installed:
- Note: Make sure to replace myproxy.domain.com and the port by the name of your proxy and the port number.
- Log in remotely with SSH (Windows)
- File transfer via SSH
- Delay SSH connection under Linux