I need to be able to automatically generate a DOS .txt filename that is the 'date' of when it is created.
Any ideas? My DOS is rather rusty and have run out of ideas.
You might try something like this:
set filea=MyBigFile%date:~10%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%time:~0,2%%t ime:~3,2%.sav copy MyData.dat %filea%
Since the date is Thu 07/30/2009 and the time is 14:07:00.00,
For today this would give a file named
Thanks to sandbeha for this tip on the forum.
- DOS: create filename based on date?
- Excel create sheets based on column ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel create rows based on cell value - Forum - Excel
- Macro to create tabs based on list - How-To - Excel
- Create worksheet based on lists & populate data from another... ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Duplicate rows based on cell value ✓ - Forum - Excel