It is possible to install the HP audio driver for the Compaq Presario audio driver on Windows 7
.There is no need to search for a Compaq driver
and download files from unknown and unreliable sources. The HP driver cannot be installed from the downloaded file as it cannot find the hardware audio device. To install the audio driver, use the update driver option in the device manager
of the laptop computer. When prompted, give the location of the downloaded driver file for the audio device driver. The HP driver can be installed on the Compaq Presario audio driver for Windows 7
by following the steps to update the driver.
Here is how to download and install the audio driver for a Compaq Presario 2100:
Download link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...
- (1) Extract the files by either running the .exe (which will place the files in C:program filesSP23455 ) or use a program such as Winrar to extract them directly from the .exe
- Running the program will not directly install the drivers as the installation program will not find the audio device
- Click cancel to close the install program
- The driver files will still be located in C:program filesSP23455
- (2) Go to Device Manager and double click the audio device entry which will be under the "Other Devices"
- Click Update Driver and select "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Click on "Browse" and go to C:program filesSP23455
- Click Next
It will now install the driver and your audio should work.
Thanks to bpark37
for this tip on the forum.