I have 3 columns, each showing a result from a test as follows:
3 =fail 2 =marginal pass 1 = pass
The person will only re-take the test a second time if they fail the first time. And if they fail twice, they have to take it a third time.
So my 3 columns could just show 1 or 2 in the first column and nothing in the second. Or they could show 3 in the first, and 1 or 2 in the second etc.
I want to run a macro or create a formula that looks across the 3 columns, and displays the latest result, i.e. the answer in the last column.
name test1 test2 test3 a 3 3 1 s 2 d 3 1 f 3 2
- Now in E2 type this formula (or copy paste)
- Copy E2 down
- You will get:
name test1 test2 test3 result a 3 3 1 1 s 2 2 d 3 1 1 f 3 2 2
Thanks to venkat1926 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Find and return a specific number?
- Excel formula if cell contains specific text then return value in another cell ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel vba select cell with specific text - Forum - Excel
- Excel - Clear the contents of specific cells - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Display a value when specific name is entered - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Repeat rows to a specific number of times ✓ - Forum - Excel