How to enable the task manager under Windows XP?
Thanks to Micno for this tip.
- To reactivate your Task Manager, follow these steps:
- Go to Start/Run
- In the command prompt, type regidt.exe
- Expand the following key:
- Right click on Disable TaskMgr, select "Customize"
- In the following sequence, change the last digit by one, so you have the following sequence:
XP pro: Solution 2
- Run the command mode of Windows (Start / Run)
- Run the policy editor with the command "gpedit.msc"
- Select "User Templates" in the "User Configuration"
- Click on "System"
- Select "Ctrl + Alt + Del Options"
- In the right pane, double-click "Remove Task Manager"
- In the settings, select the option "Not Configured", then (apply ok.
If its not working select the "Disabled" option instead of the "Not configured" one, then click on Apply.
Try it again, it the Task manager is enabled then set bact the "Not configured" option.
Thanks to para for this tip.
This document, titled « Enable Task Manager on Windows XP », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM