I made a small shell script in which thanks to commands: sort, cut, awk,
I could retrieve the largest GID group of my system, and saving it in a variable C.
I would like to increment this GID for other use, but the result is false.
If GID is returned is c = 5000, this is what I did next:
echo $ ((c +1))
but I get the result as "1".
I would therefore ask if the GID recovered is seen as a string?
If yes how can I do to convert people?
Hello you can use this:
[tmpfs]$ A=$(id -g) [tmpfs]$ echo $A 500 [tmpfs]$ ((A++)) [tmpfs]$ echo $A 501 [tmpfs]$
Thanks to jipicy for this tip on the forum.
- Bash char to int
- Bash character to integer - Best answers
- English to Hindi Character Converter - Download
- Mp3con converter - Download
- Iwisoft free video converter - Download
- All to mp3 converter - Download
- Nxxxa ace video converter free download for windows 7 64 bit - Download