I use mailmerg in Microsoftword to format various letters. data is imported from an excel sheet and letters are formatted in Microsoftword. Now problem is just that when date is imported from excel to word through mailmerg it looks like "2/3/2010" instead of "03-Feb-10" or "February 03, 2010".
Can any one pls give me some solution on this?
To solve this, just follow the steps below:
- Click on the date merged field on the document
- Right click and click on toggle the field code
- Then after the field name, add the formatting in this format \@"dd-MMM-yyyy" or whatever format you want
Thanks to rizvisa1 for this tip on the forum.
- Date formating in letters using Mail Merge
- Word mail merge date format dd/mm/yyyy - Guide
- Date formating in letters using Mailmerg ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Letter dispatch register format - Forum - Office Software
- Conditional formatting merged cells ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Cannot Format or Assign a Letter to a Seagate Ext. Hard Drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD