Users of web browsers like IE and Mozilla Firefox may encounter error messages such as 'page cannot be displayed'. Interestingly, the user can still browse the Yahoo messenger application. This error of 'page cannot be displayed' in IE and Mozilla Firefox can be solved. To work around this issue, the user will need to go to the settings of the command prompt. If the problem persists, then one has to key in customized commands.
I have got a problem with my system. Internet Explorer was working fine, but suddenly yesterday for any URL provided in the browser window, it shows 'Page cannot be displayed'. I am not able to browse any pages. I am providing the right URL each time. When I am trying to login to my Yahoo MSG, it works perfectly fine. The problem is with the browser only.
I tried the following:
- Setting the Windows Security settings to default,
- Checking the network connections.
- Tried downloading Mozilla and tried browsing from that, to know whether the problem is with IE, but the same problem exists with Mozilla too.
My OS is Windows Vista.
You guys could try the following to bring back the browser service, if it's not a connection or dns issue:
- Open CMD
- Run "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" and "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll"
- Reboot Windows
If the above couldn't fix the issues, run the following extra commands:
regsvr32 mshtml.dll regsvr32 urlmon.dll regsvr32 msjava.dll regsvr32 shdocvw.dll regsvr32 browseui.dll regsvr32 actxprxy.dll regsvr32 oleaut32.dll regsvr32 shell32.dll
And restart the system once again...
Thanks to fangnyang for this tip on the forum.
- Web browser - Page cannot be displayed
- Ps3 internet browser page cannot be displayed ✓ - Forum - Network
- Ps3 web browser page cannot be displayed - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- The page cannot be displayed. (80710a06) - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Ps3 internet browser page cannot be displayed 80710a06 ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Browsers can't connect to websites ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks