I need to return zero within a cell when the cell contains a function already:
I have this function already, but cannot paste the function with in cell 1, because this contains 5. I do not want this cell to change unless cell 2 has a number in there.
cell 1 = 5
cell 2 = when a number is imputed within this cell 1-100, i want "cell 1" to change "cell 1" to a zero.
Even if the "cell 1 contains "28", i still want "cell 1" to return zero when cell 2 has a number imputed from 1-150.
See if I got you correct:
A. Cell 1 has a formula IF(OR(L3>1,),0,K3) which at the moment is showing "5"
B. Cell 2 will have a value with in range of 1 to 100
C. If cell 2 has a number between 1 and 100, you want to cell to show 0 and if if cell 2 does not have a number you want to maintain your old formula /value which was IF(OR(L3>1,),0,K3)
If all is correct then:
=IF(AND(a2>=1, A2<=100), 0, IF(OR(L3>1,),0,K3) )
In this example
A2 is the cell 2
and the formula is saying that if there is a number between 1 to 100 (including 1 and 100), then show 0 in cell 1. If the value is not between 1 and 100 then show what comes out by formula:
Thanks to rizvisa1 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Return zero in cell that contains a function
- Return zero in cell that contains a function ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Excel return value if cell contains ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel if range of cells contains specific text then return value ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel formula if two cells match return value from third ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if cell contains any date - How-To - Excel