Be careful : Don't do a copy/paste of a tip found on another website. First of all, it's unuseful since the same tip is twice on internet. Moreover it's possible that there's a copyright on the tip. If you have nothing further to add, don't write anything.
- 1 - Titles
- 2 - Lists
- 3 - Table of Contents
- 4 - Links
- 5 - Anchors
- 6 - Images
- 7 - The code tags
- 8 - To write a text in bold
- 9 - To write a text in italics
- 10 - To write an underlined text
The knowledge base (also called KB or FAQ) section Tips & Tricks uses a formatting type Wiki. Here are the possibilities.
- The overall title is placed between the "equal" ("=").
- The title of level 1 is placed between 2 equal signs ("==").
- The title of level 2 is placed between 3 equal signs ("===").
- .. etc ...
Warning : the line must begin and finish with the sign "="
=title of level 1=
==title of level 2==
=====title of level 5=====
* Bullet of level 1
** Bullet of level 2
*** Bullet of level 3
Note that it is not advisable to begin with a bullet of level 2, because the display will be preceded by an empty bullet of level! For the same reason, you should not skip level between each item.
Write twice underscore ("__") on each side of TOC (written in capitals), which will automatically create table of contents (with links) based on titles and subtitles.
Note that you must avoid putting links in your titles and subtitles! To create a link, simply use the following syntax :
It is important to leave a space between the URL and the text. If you put no text, the URL will be used as text. You can also make a direct link to an article using the following syntax:
For example, [[motherboard]] will automatically create a link to the article about motherboard.
You can use the "anchors" to create a direct link to a specific paragraph of the article using titles of level 1 or 2.
You have to put the anchor between brackets , use the anchor (# immediately followed by the title of level 1 or 2), followed by a space and finally by the visible text which will see to the reading. ... go to the paragraph [without space here #3-table-of-contents 3 - Table of Contents without space here] ... go to the paragraph 3 - Table of Contents
- Use only tiny letters without an accent
- No punctuation
- Replace the spaces by a hyphen "-"
- Replace the apostrophe " ' " by a hyphen "-"
- Don't put links in the titles of level 1 or 2
- Don't use parentheses ()
- "1 - title" becomes "# 1-title"
To add an image, just use the following syntax :
It is possible to use additionnal attibutes which can be combined. The attributes are separated by the sign "|" (AltGr+6). They can be placed in any order but the ALT attribute must be always be the last.
- Positioning the image left :
- Positioning the image right :
[[Image: Image: url_of_the_image|right]]
- Positioning the image centered (by default) :
- Resizing the image (pixels) :
- The ALT of the image, it is the last attribute before the bracket :
[[Image: url_of_the_image|right|150px|The ALT attribute of the image]]
With those tags, you can post some programming source code which would require a non-proportional font. The text put between the code tags will be automatically indented, and the spacing will be preserved.
<gras>Text in bold</gras>
<ital>Text in italics</ital>
- Formatting articles of the knowledge base
- Copy conditional formatting for an entire row based on one cell ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Conditional Formatting range of date cells based on another cell ✓ - Forum - Excel
- "publish your article in rss format for other websites to syndicate" - Articles
- Excel conditional formatting entire column based on another column ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Conditional formatting change font color based on another cell ✓ - Forum - Excel