Changing the compatibility of programs allow you to run a program as Windows 2000, Windows XP or other depending on your system ...
This tip is valid for all Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Seven
- Simply right-click on a program (any) and do:
- Compatibility tab
- Tick the box "run this program"
- Choose an operating system. (Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT 4, 98 or 95).
- Apply and OK
Other choices are also available, especially for old programs:
- Run in 256 colors.
- Run with a screen resolution of 640 x 480.
- Disable visual themes.
- The program is being executed in compatibility of the system choosed. This can be handy for a program that only runs on Windows XP and you have Windows Vista or Seven.
This document, titled « Windows - Change the compatibility of a software », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM