I have two different workbooks; let's say workbook 1 and workbook2. In both workbooks I have a column with barcodes.
I need a VBA to check the two barcode columns in workbooks and if it find matches to create a new workbook and copy the whole row of workbook 1 and use the same color of cell barcode in workbook 2.
I am assuming that the barcode columns both sheet 1 and sheet 2 are the same
then try this code
at the beginning when you run the code, the code will ask an input about the column letter of the barcode. you can type the column letter e.g. G and click ok (on the top right):
The macro is
Sub test() Dim col As String, r As Range, c As Range, cfind As Range Dim x, y As Integer col = InputBox("type the column LETTER in which the barcode is netered for e.g. G") On Error Resume Next With Worksheets("sheet2") Set r = Range(.Cells(2, col), .Cells(2, col).End(xlDown)) For Each c In r x = c.Value With Worksheets("sheet1").Columns(col & ":" & col) Set cfind = .Cells.Find(what:=x, lookat:=xlWhole) If cfind Is Nothing Then GoTo nnext y = cfind.Interior.ColorIndex cfind.EntireRow.Copy With Worksheets("sheet3") .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial .Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp).Interior.ColorIndex = y End With End With nnext: Next c End With End Sub
Thanks to venkat1926 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Compare two lists and change row color
- Compare two lists and change row colour ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Excel change row color - How-To - Excel
- Excel, comparing two sets of two rows ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Change row color if value in a cell ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Excel - A macro to change the color of row on condition - How-To - Excel