I have Purchase date and expiration date in a format of yyyy/mm/dd. I want to get the term of how long will it take from purchase date to expiration.
Example: Purchase date 2010/01/01
Expiration date 2011/01/01
The term of that warrant would be 1year.
I have been supposed that you put the purchase date in A2 and the expiration date in B2:
The formula will be :
and after personalize the cell format as : # ##0\[$year(s)-1]
Thanks to aquarelle for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Date format to get term for Expiration date
- Excel date format dd/mm/yyyy - How-To - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting 5 color scale ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if cell contains any date - How-To - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting entire column based on another column ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if another cell contains any text ✓ - Forum - Excel