Whether to improve your privacy or simply to clear up more free space on the main screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you should know it's possible to hide the apps installed on your Apple iOS and MacOS device. One hidden, there's an easy way to get back to them. Here we'll explain all you need to know to get started.
To hide iOS apps that you have downloaded from the app store, follow these steps:
1) First, open the App Store and go to the Today tab.
2) Then go to your profile by selecting your user icon (your photo located in the upper right corner). Choose Purchased. If you have an family account, you will have to select your name so that only your purchases appear.
3) Find the application you want to hide, slide your finger to the left, and choose Hide. Press Ok to finish:
If you want to download or open an app that you have previously hidden, follow these steps below:
1) Open the App Store and go tho the Today section.
2) Select your user icon, that is located in the upper right corner. Then press your Apple ID. If your device asks you to log in, enter your account credentials and click OK.
3) Scroll down until you find the iTunes in the Cloud option. Then select Hidden purchases. Finally, find the application you want to download again and press the download from Cloud. If the app is downloaded but hidden, you can also select Open to access it:
You may want to hide apps on your Mac, too. To do this, follow these directions:
1) Open the App Store on your Mac.
2) Go to your profile by clicking on your name at the bottom left. In the Accounts page that opens, you will see a list of all the apps you have purchased. If your account is shared, you will need to fist select your name under Purchased to see your apps.
3) Place the mouse cursor over the app you want to hide, click on the three dots icon and choose Hide purchase. Finally, accept the confirmation message:
To unhide apps on your Mac that you have previously hidden, check out these steps:
1) Go to the App Store on your Mac, log in if required.
2) Open your account by clicking on your name and then select View Information (in the top right corner).
3) Go to Hidden items, and click on Manage.
4) Find the app you want to unhide, activate the Show option, and then click Ok.
Image: © Shutterstock.com - Zeynep Demir.