Under Windows 7, you can also find the Quick Launch toolbar, which will prevent the program icons from being "pinned" along with minimized windows on the taskbar.
- To begin we must first "detach" the icons of the taskbar.
- Right click on each icon and "detach".
- Then you must recreate a new toolbar.
- Right click the taskbar.
- In the window that opens, we will navigate to that folder:
- C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Then click on "select a folder.
- On the new toolbar that is opened,do a right click, and uncheck the two lines: "Show text" and "display the title.
- From there simply bring your new Quick Launch bar closest to the "start menu" button.
After this small change, Windows will automatically find the Quick Launch toolbar
as it was on Windows Vista, with shortcuts to display the desktop, switch between windows, Internet Explorer (and others you can add later).
- If necessary, this change is reversible with a simple:
- Right click on the taskbar -> Toolbars -> uncheck "Quick Launch"
- Then simply pin a program of your choice.
- Windows 7 - Getting a Quick Launch tab
- Windows 7 task manager not showing tabs - How-To - Windows
- Mass Effect 1 - Unable to launch game under Windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Choose an operating system to start or press tab to select a tool windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Where is the file tab in windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- GTA San Andreas will not launch in Windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7