Similarly to Instagram, TikTok personalises the homepage of its users based on accounts they like or follow and their preferences. In this article, we’ll show you how to manage your subscriptions to make sure you’re up to date with the latest, most popular videos!
If there’s a TikTok account that you particularly like or your favourite sports team is on TikTok and you don’t want to miss their latest content, you should subscribe to their account and receive notifications every time they post new content. Subscribing to accounts also allows you to personalise your homepage with content that you like. You can subscribe to an account from a video they’ve posted or you can also find specific accounts using keyword searches- perfect for finding celebrities for example.
As with other social media platforms, you can also un-subscribe to any account should you wish to do so. You just need to have installed the TikTok app on your iOS or Android device and have a registered account. Below we’ve detailed the steps to both subscribe and unsubscribe to accounts on TikTok.
How to Search For TikTok Users and Subscribe to Their Accounts
- Open the app and click on the icon Discover and the bottom of the homepage:
- Write the name of the person you’re searching for or other key words in the search box, then click on Search.
- The results are divided into 5 categories: Top, Users, Videos, Sounds and Hashtags.
- Click on Users to find the names that match or are close to your search:
- Click on the profile you’re interested in.
- On their profile page, click on Follow to subscribe to their account and view their content in your newsfeed:
- Should you wish to unsubscribe, click on the icon with the person and the tick. This will cancel your subscription to the profile:
Subscribe to an Account From a Video
- Whilst watching a video, you will see the <biold>round profile icon with a plus sign</bold> on the right side of the page. Click on it to view the account that created the video:
- Once on the profile page, you can click on Follow to subscribe.
Modify Your TikTok Subscriptions
- Click on the Me tab at the bottom of the home screen.
- You’ll see three categories, the number of accounts you’re Following, the number of Followers you have and the number of Likes your videos have received.
- Select Following to view the accounts you have subscribed to:
- If you wish to unfollow any account, click on Following that appears to the right of the account name:
- This will take you to the selected account where you can follow the above procedures to unsubscribe from the account.