After installing Opera
(10.50), the spell checker uses a default dictionary (in English)
Accessing this feature
- To get to "spellcheck dictionaries" it will be required to:
- Go to a site where you can enter text
- Enter a false sentence.
- Click the right button mouse on the word underlined in red.
- Now click on dictionaries (or elements) and then click Add/Remove dictionaries.
Installation and use of dictionaries
When you're on "spell check dictionaries, you can uninstall/install other dictionaries. To do:
- (1) Check the dictionary you want to install and click Next.
- (2) Wait for completion of the download.
- (3) Accept the license.
- (4) Choose your default dictionary.
- (5) Click the Finish button.
- (6) Result: A correction (in our example in French) that corrects most spelling mistakes.
This document, titled « Install dictionaries under Opera », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM