The name of your folders and files disappeared in File Explorer.
- This concern arises only when you are displaying "Thumbnails".
- When you switch the display of your files and folders in "List" or any other mode, the name of folders and files returns, everything is in order.
This problem occurs because of a false manipulation.
- Go to the folder view option to "list". To do this: "View" tab and then select "List".
- Press [Shift] on your keyboard and click on "View" then "Thumbnails".
- All your folder should be displayed.
- XP - Name of files and folders have disappeared
- External hard disk files and folders disappeared ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Folders not showing in Seagate external hard drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- A single folder went missing from my external drive. ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to find your missing files on External drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Folder and files in my external drive totally disappear - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
This document, titled « XP - Name of files and folders have disappeared », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).