Whats with the x and a options?
Attrib Command Syntax:
attrib [+r|-r] [+s|-s] [+h|-h] [+c|-c] [filename]
- +r = This assigns the read-only file attribute to the file or directory.
- -r = This removes the read-only attribute.
- +s = This assigns the system file attribute to the file or directory.
- -s = This removes the system attribute.
- +h = This assigns the hidden file attribute to the file or directory.
- -h = This removes the hidden attribute.
- +c = This assigns the compressed file attribute to the file or directory.
- -c = This removes the compressed attribute.
- filename = This is the file or directory that you are wanting to change the attributes of.
Thanks to xpcman for this tip on the forum.
- Attrib Command Syntax
- Attrib command syntax - How-To - Windows
- Attrib command ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- Access denied attrib command ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Using attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* I could not wipe the attributes of my externa ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Attrib command in win 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
This document, titled « Attrib Command Syntax », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).