If I have a number and want a formula to know that it is a percentage of another number, what is the formula in EXCEL?
i.e. if I have a set number, say 14,250 and want to know what that number is as 75% of a 'total' number, how do I write the formula? i.e. I know by doing long hand that 14,250 is 75% of 19,000, but how do I write formula that gives me that number of 19,000 (if I have the set number of 14250 and the 75%)?
This is not a problem in Excel but in arithmetics.
IF 14250 IS ENTERED IN A1
in any empty cell type this formula e.g. B1
you will get 190000 and not 19000 please check .
if you put another formula in B2
your will get 14250 as check.
by the by is it 7.5% or 75%
Thanks to venkat1926 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Figuring a number based on a percentage increase
- Figuring a number based on a percentage incre ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- Excel change font color based on value of another cell ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel macro insert picture based on cell value - Forum - Excel
- Excel formula copy rows based on criteria ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel macro delete columns based on header ✓ - Forum - Excel