I was getting an error message when opening Outlook.
My problem was: Outlook no longer opens. Can not find the file or Office12 SCANPST.
Setup: Outlook 2007 on Vista.
- Control Panel -> Classic View -> Folder Options.
- In "folder option" open tab "View" then check "show hidden files and folders".
- Restart the computer.
- Start -> Computer -> C drive -> user -> name -> Appdata -> local.
- Open the folder "Local" -> right click -> property.
Uncheck "read only" -> apply -> OK. (the analysis starts. Accept the agreement administrator who might be asked).
- Start -> Computer -> C drive -> Programs -> Microsoft Office -> office12.
- Open "office12" there is SCANPST. Click SCANPST, a dialog box appears.
- Click on "Browse" and then ... computer -> C drive-> user-> name-> appdata-> local-> mocrosoft-> Outlook.
- 2 In Outlook folders appear. Archive and Outlook. Click on Outlook and then start.
At the end of the search to "repair".