Many users have encountered the white screen of death on their iPod devices. The white screen of death refers to a condition of the iPod where the screen of the hardware freezes without a display and the device becomes completely unresponsive to button presses. The iPod white screen of death happens without any warning at any time or place. The white screen of death in the iPod does not go away by itself. Resetting the iPod several times may not solve the issue either. Recovering the iPod from the white screen of death can be done by holding down home, volume up button and the power button until the Apple logo appears.
My iPod has the white screen of death but when I hold down select and menu it turns off and it's still white; it then beeps twice. I did this exactly 18 times!!
I just learned how to fix the white screen of death; all you need to do is:
- Hold the home button then while still holding down the home button
- Hold the volume up button then while still holding those buttons,
- Hold the power off button and hold that until you see the Apple sign.
THIS REALLY WORKS SO TRY IT.
Thanks to ccln789 for this tip on the forum.
- IPod - White screen of death
- Ipod white screen of death ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Ipod touch 4th generation white screen of death fix ✓ - Forum - IPhone
- Help white screen of death on my ipod ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Ipod nano white screen of death fix ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- How to fix the Ipod deadly white screen! ✓ - Forum - IPod