I have list of Incident numbers (both Closed and open) in Column A and only open incident numbers in column B. I should be able to filter the rows based on the numbers in column B so I can mass close the rest of the incidents.
In column C you can have a VLOOKUP or MATCH
Lets say data in Column A starts from Row 2
and data in column B starts from Row 2
then in C2 you can write
"Close Incident", "Open Incident")
Idea is if number in A2, is not found in column B, then it is a closed incident. If the number is found then it is open incident.
You can drag this formula down and apply filter to see what needs to be done
Thanks to rizvisa1 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - VLOOKUP to filter rows based on numbers
- Excel vba filter rows based on cell value ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel vba insert multiple rows based on cell value - Guide
- Excel Macro to insert row based on data ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel how to duplicate rows based on cell value ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel how to copy rows based on cell value ✓ - Forum - Excel