For everyday use of a computer, the Control Panel is very important. In Windows-based systems, various settings of the computer
can be altered as well as modified via the Control Panel and it is accessible through the Start menu
. Sometimes Control Panel may not be visible in the Start Menu
, and this can cause a lot of inconvenience. There is a solution to this problem. One can either download the config file
or enter a required command in the text box after the installation of the OS CD, or the user can also use the help of the command line utility
My Control Panel button disappeared from my Start Up menu. WHERE THE HECK DID IT GO??
Please follow these instructions to solve this problem:
If this solution doesn't help try this:
- Download this config file here
- Open the download file (showcontrolpanel.reg)
- Please insert the Windows XP CD into your CD/DVD drive
- Click Start, then Run
- Copy and paste the command below into the text box (without the quotation marks)
" sfc /scannow "
- Click OK
- During the scan you may be asked to Insert the A Windows XP CD, if this happens just click retry and let it do its thing
You have a command line utility for Control Panel - you can even use this:
- start-->run--->control.exe for control panel.
- start-->run--->appwiz.cpl for add remove programs.