- To install the FTP server, type the following command in a terminal:
Configure the FTP server
- The FTP server configuration is done by editing the /etc/vsftpd.conf file.
- To edit this file, type the following command:
Disable anonymous FTP
Allow local users to connect
This will allow users to make use the same login/password to access the FTP server.
Allow users to upload files
Selecting the Interface
- By default the FTP server will be available on all interfaces. If you want to restrict it only to your local network(10.0.0.x) add the line:
- Given that the LAN IP address of your FTP server is 10.0.0.1
Start FTP server
- (Re)start the FTP server so that it takes into account the new configuration.
This document, titled « Installing an FTP server under Ubuntu », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM