Instagram is celebrating! The app which to date holds more than 1,000 million active users recently welcomed their 10th anniversary. To celebrate with them, the app made an easter egg allowing users to change the app's icon in the mobile screen with 13 different designs. Want to know how? We explain it here
How to change Instagram's Icon
Changing the icon is not hard, although, just like all of them, the social media easter egg is hard to find. Where how to look for it:
1. Make sure the app is updated
, the fun trick will not work with any previous versions.
2. When you're set in the app, go to your profile by clicking on the avatar in the right down corner. Once in your main profile, click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner and select Settings
3. Once in your settings screen, you'll have to slide the menu as if you were scrolling down (to find out what's up!). Once you do, you'll find a three dot line with the Instagram colors and some emojis
, keep going up, up, and don't give up.
4. It is just after this that a message will appear "Celebrate With Us".
The easter egg will activate and you'll get to choose between the 13 icon options, some colors, pride colors and you can even go full nostalgic with the first polaroid icon! Remember that one?
5. Click on the icon you'll like to see on your screen and the app will update automatically.
Leave the app and you can see the new icon on your phone. One small thing though, we don't know how long this will last so hurry and get that easter egg!
Here you can download the app for Android
Photo: © 123RF.com