Access the hibernate feature under Windows 7:
- With Windows 7, the hibernation feature is not accessible by default. Here is a small procedure to access it:
- Go to "Start" then "Control Panel"
- Go to the category "System and Security"
- Then go to the category "Power Options"
- Under "balanced settings", click "Change plan settings"
- Click "Change advanced power settings" .
- Unroll "Allow hybrid sleep" and ensure that the options are turned off.
- The hybrid mode is disabled thereby activating the "normal" standby and "hibernate" modes.
- This only works with Windows 7 and this will disable the hybrid standby mode.